Saturday, November 13, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCAS!!!

Today is kind of an emotional day for me. My baby is three years old today!! This morning during our breakfast prayer, I just broke down crying. I can't believe my baby is so old! Now, I know, 3 isn't "old", but he isn't a baby anymore! He draws (he even drew a stick figure of me the other day!), he knows all of his letters and is working on the sounds. He is SO active, all the time. He is about potty trained. We haven't worked on naps and bed time yet. But during the day he is doing really well. He is the best big brother to Lila - he LOVES to make her laugh. They just laugh back and forth at each other all the time. He is so smart, and talks so well. He is definitely at the funnest age, so far... But my mind changes with every stage he is in, the new one always becomes the funnest one. Although he is SO fun at this age, he is also at the most challenging age, at least for me. He fights with me, and yells at me, and is just flat out difficult at times. But, totally worth it all! This is for you Lucas - Mommy loves you so much!! I am the luckiest mommy in the world to have you to play with every day!
First time we met.
He was SO tiny, those were preemie clothes, and they were still too big. He looks like my little elf, I love it!
How did that get in there?? :)
First birthday - opening presents.
Second birthday playing in new tent!
Pictures of third birthday coming soon. ;)

1 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Lucas! 3 is one of my favorite ages. They start to calm down on the tantrum thing and become more of a friend to you rather than a baby. It's fun.