I know it is a little late, but what a wonderful Christmas! I love Christmas, but I have to say, it is a million times more fun when you have a kid. I was so excited for Lucas to open his presents. I know he is still young, so he doesn't really get it yet, but it was fun. In the morning, we came up the stairs with the Jingle-Bell Rope. This is one of my favorite traditions from growing up. All of my siblings and I would sleep in the same room, and play games all night long. Then when we would wake up, we would sing Christmas Carols, until my parents woke up. Once they got up, they would bring the Jingle-Bell Rope, and we would line up, youngest to oldest, and hold on. We would have to close our eyes, and my mom would take us through the house on a maze, while we would continue singing (more like screaming). Then she would tell us to open our eyes, and all of our presents would be there. So, this year, I made a Jingle-Bell Rope. And I knew Lucas wouldn't get it, but I was excited. So Matt helped Lucas up the stairs and I led the rope. When we got into the room, Lucas was more interested in the Dog rather than the new toys. When he finally looked over, I got a look, but no picture, of his eyes. They were so wide! Once he got a hold of his toys, he wouldn't touch the wrapped presents, so Matt and I opened them for him. It was so fun!
By the way, I just wanted to thank everyone for your help on my last post, we appreciate the calls, emails, texts, and comments. They helped! I think he is off of the Binky now. Today he found my hidden stash of Binky's (the ones that he wouldn't take before and one of the ones that he loved). I watched him ready to grab it at anytime, and he put each one in his mouth and then he took it out, threw it, and would pick up another one. Once he had tried all of them, he moved on to the next toy! It was a very exciting moment for me! He still cries sometimes, but I think it is the fact that he doesn't want to go to sleep, he just wants to play, not that he wants the Binky. So, Lucas is officially off of the Binky!! Thank you everyone!
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Posted by Andreason at 7:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I just love the idea of the jingle bell rope!! That is so great. I just might have to copy you! And hooray for being off the binky! :)
Yay that is exciting news about the binky.. I was getting a bit nervous for you to have a really hard few weeks. Hopefully next year Joey will understand the jingle bell rope... he liked it but wouldn't help hold it at all. Lol Love ya sis!
Andreason-we closed our blog to the public and need your email to add you to our list of readers. send your email to the.serafines@gmail.com
-matt
Gosh, can he be any cuter? I am so happy I was able to watch him when he discovered those fun presents! Your blog is so cute Brooke! I hope you and Matt are doing well this semester!
Matt this is Russell. I didn't know you had a blog. It's nice to see what you guys are up to. But I must say your U shirt is ugly. I am glad Serafine won't be a ute. It would just not be right. But Lucas does look like he will be pretty cool someday... but will he be a baller like his dad?
Post a Comment