I am back, at least for today. I hate when people ask if I have a blog, I do, but I never get to actually make a post, very disappointing. Reasons include; a computer that is slowly dying, a little more everyday (it was perfect until we moved, and I think someone dropped it. It will be gone in 2-3 months, I guarantee it), school (my first semester back to school in about 6 years. Tough being back in school with a dying computer and two kids – very little time for homework), and kids (I have my two kids, and then I babysit my sisters kids for a couple hours every day while she works. Four kids, two 4-year olds and two 18 month olds equal chaos!). Anyway, I have been meaning to post since about July, so here goes.
First off, the move: Wow, it was has been kind of wild. The first 1-2 months were pretty rough. The kids fought non-stop, and I mean non-stop. We all missed our friends and neighbors. Now things are going great. The kids are playing so well together. I think they are really going to miss each other when we do move away.
Second, Lucas started preschool, like a real preschool. We have done a couple with neighbors, but this is different. He goes twice a week, and LOVES it!! This picture shows a glimpse of how excited he was on his first day!
Halloween: Lucas was Thomas the Train. Lila was a devil, for those who know her, this is no surprise. Not because she is naughty (though she is throwing major tantrums now) but Lila can give looks that will kill you. Really, she looks like she is putting a curse on you. It is intense.


Lucas turned 4! He is so big! He wanted a TRON party, it was pretty fun. The cake, we will just say it did not look pretty. The kids got finger lights, and glow sticks and we played in the dark, too fun. He loved having all of his family and friends together for his special day!


The first snow storm, well, we were much unprepared! Check out Lucas’ little outfit. Yes those are plastic bags in his shoes to keep him dry, it didn’t work. We had my other sister over that day, so Lucas had a ton of cousins to play with outside.
Thanksgiving was a wonderful time with family – we really couldn’t be more grateful for everything we have. Matt was able to play basketball and ping pong with his cousins and brothers, which for him means a great day!
We decorated the Christmas tree, and decorated Lucas. The kids got to eat cookies and see Santa dance a little bit. That was fun for the kids.

The family went to the little Ogden Christmas Village, it was so cute. We saw Santa there too. Lucas loved him, Lila hated him, but she hates everyone.
Here is a little information of Lucas Matthew: He is becoming such a boy now, he is into everything boyish- cars, trucks, super heroes, and you name it, except sports. Matt still has some work to do there. He is 32 pounds. Lucas loves everyone! He gets so excited to see people. Lucas is started to really think about things. He asks very deep questions sometimes. Two days ago he asked me where Grandma Jeanie is. He has never met her, my mother died when I was two years old, but he knows her pictures and her name. I explained to him she died, and he asked ‘where is she then?’ So we had a long talk about angels and Heavenly Father’s missionaries on the other side. He was full of questions about it. I don’t know what he really understood, but I think he was trying to. He is just such a sweet heart.

Lila Claire is now 18 months. She is in nursery, and hates it, again no surprise. She is still too small, and is still not on the charts, but she is slowly gaining weight. After discovering family members who have celiac disease, we decided to have her tested, finally. Our prayers were answered, and she was ‘declared’ healthy, though suffering with failure to thrive. She is 18 pounds. She is a huge thumb sucker and depends on her ‘blankie.’ I am gearing up to break both habits after Christmas, wish me luck, I will need it. Lila can be the most difficult, high strung girl, with fierce tantrums, than she can be the sweetest thing who just wants to cuddle with you and her blanket. She loves to sleep (thank heavens!) and when she is tired you will often find her like this:

I am thankful everyday for the blessings our Father in Heaven has given me. I have an amazing husband, who treats me so well. I have two beautiful children, who literally give meaning to my life. I love being a mother. It is the hardest thing I believe I will ever do, but I wouldn’t change it. Though life has taken us down paths that Matt and I never imagined we would be traveling down, I am so grateful. I know Heavenly Father has plan for each of us, and it may be hard, but it is definitely possible as long as you let our Savior and our Father in Heaven in. We are very excited for this time of year. Lucas is at an age where he understands Santa, but he also understands Jesus’ birth. I am excited to continue to teach him more about our King.
I know this is forever long, but it needed to be posted. I am going to work on better time management so I can keep this blog up to date.
4 comments:
Adorable! You are doing better then me... I haven't updated my blog in over a year...
Love all the pictures! Lucas's party looked awesome! So did his costume! Awesome job!
Haha well sorry to be one of those ones that asked if you have a blog... oops! :) So glad you're in our ward and we're excited for our double date!!
Great post! Brianna is a thumb sucker too, with her "silky" blanket. She turns 3 soon and she's still a thumb sucker. Good luck with breaking that habit! Your kids are adorable!!
Hi
Great post I must say! Great collection of facts that you've obtained on this web site publication.
Thanks so much for the information.
Post a Comment