Well Lucas was already 3 days old at this point. They say your second comes earlier, well that's crap. I have 4 days til my due date, and there are no real signs of labor starting any time soon. I have tried everything, she is just too stubborn and it is making me mad! I am ready to start trying to figure out how to be a mom of 2, I am ready to start recovering from a rough pregnancy, I am ready to stay up all night with a newborn because she is hungry or whatever (at least there will be a purpose. Right now I can't sleep at all because I am too dang uncomfortable). I am ready to get going on this, but baby isn't ready. Why isn't she ready?? She is probably bigger than Lucas was (most babies are), her room is ready, her clothes are ready, her family is ready, why isn't she?? I get so frustrated. I think it might be a omen for what our relationship is going to be like, and it makes me nervous. Will we always be butting heads, we have been for the last nine months. I don't know. I am just done with this pregnancy, it has been so much harder on me than Luke's.
Well, on a happier note: my friend called me today and said she saw this cake (yes I said cake) and thought of me. I didn't know how to take it at first. But once I realized it is a woman in labor (notice the fetal monitors on the tummy) I laughed. My favorite part is the stretch marks - very life like. :) 
(photo courtesy of cakewrecks.blogspot.com - check it out, they are pretty funny.)
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
I am still here....belly and all
Posted by Andreason at 1:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh Brooke, I felt just the same with my second pregnancy. It was so much harder than the first! Just give it a few more days, everything will be okay! That cake is hilarious. :)
Ugh! I know how you feel! The waiting game is awful. I expected to barely be able to contain the twins in the last month, but my body held them in so tightly I thought I would scream. I'm trying to just plan that this next one will be late, and I'm also hoping that they will they will just let me have another c-section so I don't have to play the waiting game. Good luck! That cake is awesome!
I hear ya sister. Sawyer came only 2 days before his due date and I was frustrated that he was taking so long. Here's to labor!
Aw Brooke, I'm sorry she's taking her sweet time especially when you were expecting her to come early like Lucas. I've actually never heard that the second child comes earlier but she should come quicker. Key word there, "should." Always plan for the worst. :) Aren't I a bright ray of sunshine. Also, don't worry about this being a "sign" as to how your relationship will be with her. You'll love her, she'll love you and you'll forget this time just like we seem to "forget" the pain of child birth and actually want to have another. ;) Good luck and let us know as soon as she graces us with her presence!
Just think, by this time next week you will be home with your baby doing all the newborn stuff. Every day totally drags at the end, but you are almost there :) Love the cake, but the belly button totally needs to be popping out.
I know I'll be able to empathize about 2 weeks from now... :0( I love what Ashley said though...this time next week she'll definitely be here!! Thats a fun thought!
Post a Comment